Why Have I Chosen Secondary School Teaching As A Career Pathway?


Becoming a secondary school drama teacher has always appealed to me, because it allows me to still maintain my passion for the arts, while inspiring the all-important future generation into having the same passion as I do. Once I started university and learned about what the performing arts industry entails, I knew then, that my other passion to teach and work with young people would be where my future would lie in the hands of. I also wanted to be able to work with young people who come from various backgrounds and socio-economic statuses to educate them in the light of the arts and prove that performing is not just for those who are from upper middle and upper class backgrounds, fighting the fight against the constant stereotypes set by the media etc. in performing arts. I found an example of this in the work of (Cochrane, 2012). This has encouraged me to apply for a secondary school teacher training degree before the end of my final year at university.

No comments:

Post a Comment