Final Decision Of My Chosen Pathway Into A Teaching Degree & Where I Want To Apply For.

My final decision of which pathway I’ve chosen to take into a teaching degree is the School Direct program. Originally I preferred the idea of a University led degree after already spending three years in a full time University degree, but after researching into the four main pathways, the Schools Direct program seemed like a lot more desirable route to take into getting my QTS and PGCE. Through the schools direct program, you learn on the job, in the schools from day one, rather than being in lectures and then being sent to work experience. Although you still get lectures and university time, I like the idea of being in a classroom environment and constantly receiving the experience, which will help me develop the confidence I need to be a teacher.


While searching on (UCAS, 2017) for which School Direct teacher-training degrees were available to me near my local area (Gateshead/Newcastle), I came across four which each appeal to me for different reasons and aspects of their proposals. After weighing out the pros and cons of each, I have decided on the three programs, which I will be applying to, which are; St Thomas More Catholic School (for Drama), The 3 Rivers Teaching School Alliance (for Drama) and The Hermitage Academy School Direct (for Drama). I have chosen these three particular programs because I feel most comfortable with the morals and the school‘s ethos, as well as feeling like I’d settle into these 3 schools naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment